Monday, October 09, 2006

i don't mean to be neglectful...

but most of my free time has been spent apartment hunting, which believe me, is NO fun.

but now...that's all finished! i found a place yesterday and got the keys today! it's a nyc-special - aka something you would find only in ny. basically my roommate doesn't live there - literally. he has the apartment as a "safety net" of sorts in case his current living situation doesn't work out. so i'll pay for my 1/2 of a 2-bedroom but basically have the place to myself. we did money/key exchange to day and we had a few drinks before my injury prevention clinic. good stuff.

the clinic was at the hospital for special surgery. tips on strengthening, why certain injuries happen, how to prevent them, and how to approach each phase of training. all things that i needed to hear, especially the "toos" (ramon's way of doing don'ts). the "toos" are the way that most people hurt themselves while training. too long too fast. too long too often. too fast too long. you're a smart crew, you get it. also even more cross training exercises. my goal for the week is to really pay some attention to cross training.

and on that note, i'm going to go do some squats.

No comments: