Saturday, March 29, 2014

Day 77: Double digits!

I decided to run with a friend late afternoon Saturday instead of super early Sunday since my sister and her friends were staying with me and it was a great one!

I was jumping from 8 to 12 miles, and I was a little nervous but all turned out rather perfectly! I met Ratana at her apartment, and she had plotted out a 12-ish mile course with a few hills for good measure. I wasn't sure how it was going to go, but my legs - which had not been behaving for the most of the week - got with the program.

It was the perfect temp with a lovely little breeze to keep us cool. We chatted up and down the hills, eventually making our way up a solid hill back to the path that runs along the Santa Monica coast, dodged a million tourists, and then made our way back inland.

I felt surprisingly great after the run, picked up the girls who had gotten some delicious cheese and we celebrated my successful run with a glass of wine - success!

Off to NY again Monday...see you soon east coast.

today's mileage: 12.3 miles
season mileage to date: 167.5 miles

No comments: