Thursday, March 27, 2014

Day 75: Too much vino does not a good run make

I was supposed to go to practice last night but instead ended up switching the Friday day off to Wednesday.

Kristin's friends are arriving this morning, so we headed to Whole Foods to stock up on a few things, and then headed to my favorite local Barnyard for a little dinner.

It was paaaaacked and there was one stool left at the bar which I graciously gave to my sister ;) That sort of thing doesn't happen often so it was fine and I ended up eating at least part of the meal standing at the bar - clearly, I am low maintenance. For my chillness, I ended up with more wine than I intended on drinking, which made for some slow legs this morning.

We should have done intervals - about a 1/2 mile at tempo pace, then 2 minutes recovery but it was not happening. First we started to fast. Then my quad started to hurt. And I was fuzzy. We didn't quit but we did end up opting for a "normal" run instead of the tempo run.

I've got to say...I'm seriously thinking of giving up alcohol between now and the marathon. I don't actually drink too much out here, especially compared to NYC, but - I have been thinking that I should be aiming for my best self while training, and my hungover self (even slightly) is definitely not my optimal self.

today's mileage:
 3.8 miles
season mileage to date: 151.0 miles

No comments: