Sunday, March 09, 2014

Day 57: Pain in the neck

Uuuurgh.

Today I was supposed to run 8 miles.

I decided to sleep in and run on my own for maximum rest to my neck, but I still got up at 7:00 to eat some oatmeal to be ready to run at 9 / 9:30.

By the time I got up around 9, it was already seemed warm. I felt for the folks running the LA marathon today! My neck felt meh and I was definitely dragging as I got ready. I headed out around 10 it was downright hot.

I filled up my camelbak thinking it would be a good water container...however I made the mistake of putting ice in it and the way it was shaking around was bugging me. So I left it and decided to make due with water fountains.

Bad idea - too hot! But the bigger problem was the neck. 35-40 minutes in my neck pain started creeping up and I decided to call it so as not to take the risk of making that pinched nerve even more angry.

I came home cranky and emailed the coaches, who advised resting until Wed when I could try an easy 40 minute run instead of hill training. Meh.

Come on neck, loosen up.

today's mileage: 3.8 miles
season mileage to date: 110.9 miles

No comments: