Saturday, March 15, 2014

Day 63: Easy Saturday run

I really didn't want to get up this morning.

With a long run tomorrow, and coming off the pinched nerve, I wanted to give myself permission to skip the little run. To sleep in. To laze about.

Buuuuuut I didn't. I dragged my sleepy butt out of bed and headed out into a beautiful morning.

The run was uneventful for the most part. My legs felt a bit heavy but that was the only thing of note as far as the run is concerned. I usually bring a few dollars and grab a coffee at the end of my run and today was no different. On one of my rainy runs a few weeks ago, one of the guys commented on the craziness of running in the rain and I said something like "marathon training waits for no storm".

So now when I get coffee and I've run (which is pretty obvious because my bed-head is usually pulled into a pony tail, my contacts are in and I may have "red exercise face"), they ask how the training is going, how many miles I ran that morning. A little support and encouragement with your post-run coffee is pretty awesome.

Tonight I am "behaving" as one of my NYC coaches Ramon - staying in, eating pasta, drinking a lot of water and going to bed really early. I have to run 8 miles tomorrow and I'm a little nervous since it was three weeks since I ran 6 even but...I know I can do it. Just might be a bit painful.

Practice starts at the brutal time of 7am. SEVEN AM. ON A SUNDAY. Wah. I really wish we had practice on Saturday's as we did in NY - it is way easier to behave on a Friday when I am already beat. But no use whining about that. Anyway. I'll have to get up...I'm going to guess...around 5 and eat some oatmeal and then nap again until 6:30.

7am. Gah.

today's mileage: 3.0 miles
season mileage to date: 121.5 miles

No comments: