Friday, February 07, 2014

Day 28: Simmer down

I finally got the sickness everyone's been coping with across both coasts, and being sick makes me real whiny. I was down for two days despite drowning the cold with multiple doses of juice and spicy ramen. (sad face)

But! I woke up this morning not completely recovered, but well enough to try for a little not quite...run but trot this morning. I was still a bit snotty but had tons more energy this morning. I also figured not being able to breathe at 100% would help me slow down - orders from my coach.

One trick she gave was to sing while running to keep the right pace. Between that and the congestion, it seemed to work. She said I should aim for 2.5 miles in 30 minutes instead of the 2.8 I ran Tuesday. I sang at a few times during my run which I had already started at what felt like a very conservative pace and it seemed to keep me more or less at the right speed.

today's run:  2.6 miles
season mileage to date: 43.2 miles

No comments: