Sunday, January 12, 2014

Day 2: Easing into it

I thought about going to Bikram this morning but was feeling too dehydrated to subject myself to all that heat and figured I should be focusing on the ole running anyway. First on the agenda on Sunday though is the Farmers' Market. I could go on and on and on about how much I looooove the markets here but I will stay on topic for now. So I grabbed a coffee, hit the market, and then headed out to the beach for a run.

It's my first January here in LA and the mornings have been downright beautiful.

I did the same little loop near my house - running down the boardwalk, darting around tourists and bikers and eventually swinging into the bike path and heading back towards my house.

I know these are baby runs but I was pleasantly surprised at the lack of soreness from the day before. I finished feeling good and did plenty of stretching. I need to work out my cross-training - I know my stress fractures were in good part due to my lack of it probably during all my previous seasons. Bikram is definitely on the agenda, and thinking swimming might be good as well but probably need to work some strength training in there. With all this sunshine though I'm gym averse so we'll have to see.

today's run:  2.2 miles
season mileage to date: 4.4 miles

No comments: