Sunday, January 26, 2014

Day 16: A "long" run

I laid low last night knowing I needed to run in the morning because I'm flying to Portland (OR) at noon.  And I knew I had to run today because its a work trip and who knows what will happen with work or the weather up there.

I wanted to do a longer run, mentally prepping for the future weekends when we will be doing our distance runs on the weekends. I thought about going for three full miles then more or less said meh and planned on between 2.7 and 2.8 miles, staying in the 10% idea.

My legs felt heavy again this morning but I trudged on through and by the time I got to the turn around point I had loosened up. The waves are "going off" as all the surfer friends say and it was good scenery between the waves crashing and the surfers trying to catch them.

When I got to where I planned on stopping, I found I had a little extra energy and kept on straight to the coffee shop...just shy of three miles. Should have just given myself that little kick in the ass but ah well - three...and four...and five miles will be here soon enough.

today's run:  2.9 miles
season mileage to date: 26.6 miles

No comments: