Monday, January 20, 2014

Day 10: The 10% Rule

Good morning!

Nothing very eventful to report on today's run. I plotted out 2.4 miles and while felt a bit sleepy early in the run, it was good overall and my pacing was right on-point - exactly 11 minute miles.

While I'm waiting for "real" practice to start, I'm going to go by the 10% rule. According to Runner's World:

"The 10-percent rule (10PR) is one of the most important and time-proven principles in running. It states that you should never increase your weekly mileage by more than 10 percent over the previous week."


I'm going to consider my weeks Sunday -> Saturday so if I leave off that first Saturday, I ran 11.7 miles in Week One. That means I can run at most maximim another 1.17 miles on top of that this week. 

How my days are falling I think technically I'll only end up running 4 days this week unless I end up running three days in a row later this week but this is what I'm thinking.

Sunday: Off
Monday: 2.4 miles
Tuesday: 2.6 miles
Wed: Off
Thursday: 2.6 miles
Friday: 2.6 or 3 miles
Sat: Off

That will only get me 10ish miles but this early its probably not the worst thing stay "flat" for a week.


today's run:  2.4 miles
season mileage to date: 16.3 miles



No comments: