Saturday, January 11, 2014

A change of scenery...

Hello again! It's been a little while...just about four years?

 Lots of life has happened in the past few years. I was going to move to London to open an office with Syrup. But completely burnt out from work and New York, I puleld a 180 quit my job entirely. A friend and I went to Thailand for a month and I plotted my Westward move. I finally moved to Los Angeles almost a year ago. It's been a whirlwind - I found a dreamy apartment by the beach, work has been keeping me busy - building an office here in LA, flying back to NYC once a month, and I've learned how to drive! Yep, after 36 years on earth sans car - I'm scooting around in my own little Prius. 

As far as running goes...there has been little to none since my last marathon attempt in 2010 was thwarted by stress fractures for the 2nd time.

 I'm not sure what got into me this afternoon, but I decided it's time to try for another marathon. I'm settling into life here in lovely Cali, I have the time, and I miss doing something for good on a steady basis. AND weather is never going to be an excuse not to run.

 So...after taking a little run before actually hitting "submit", I signed up for the Seattle marathon with Team in Training. The marathon is June 21 so I've got 23 weeks to train and not break my bones again. I'm going to take it nice and easy - practice starts February 2nd so between now and then I'm going to hopefully ease my way up to a 4-mile base.

And of course, we have fundraising to accomplish! I'm hoping to beat my record this time around and raise at least $10,500 for Team in Training this time around. Please consider making a donation here

More soon from the road...

Today's run: 2.2 miles

No comments: