Thursday, January 23, 2014

Day 13: A good pace

Despite having Monday off, this week is feeling LONG. Work's a little crazy right now and I made the mistake of having not one but two cups of coffee yesterday afternoon. I just needed a little pick-me-up.

But apparently I am an old lady now and can't have real coffee after noon if I want to have a decent night's sleep. It took me forever to fall asleep, and after what seemed like ages and I did, something woke me up and as I rolled over...I saw the light was starting to creep in. I hissed to myself "...and that damn alarm is about to go off." And sure enough it did. Unsurprisingly, my little sleep app gave me a "46% sleep quality" rating confirming what I already knew - that it was a crap night's sleep.

I hit the road expecting for the run to go poorly but to my surprise it was a good day. My legs loosened up quickly and I settled into what felt like a comfortable pace in short order. I stayed to the beach path completely, with a little down and back that ended at the coffee shop per the usual and my pace was right where it should be - 11:04m miles.

today's run:  2.5 miles
season mileage to date: 21.2 miles

No comments: