Saturday, April 19, 2014

Day 96 & 98: I am terrible at running in NYC

I try. My intentions are good. But! I am weak willed. 

I flew on Tuesday and it was hellish. The flight was at 6:45am. A kid threw up and yes, it smelled. There was "weather" at JFK, which wasn't accepting flights. After circling for a while, we had to go to DC to re-fuel and then come back. Ultimately, instead of getting in at 3pm, we got in at 8pm.

I had intended to run when I landed but clearly that wasn't happening. 

I ended up out too late (again) and worked late Wednesday so didn't run then. 

I finally made it out Thursday for my usual 4.2, didn't make it out Friday - sooo tired!- but made it out this morning before taking the train to CT and picking up a car to drive here to Massachusetts to see my grandmother. 

And then I realized I forgot my power gels in NYC so my plans for running 10 miles tomorrow can't happen - I'll run 6 tomorrow and that will be fine. But can't help feeling this week is chalking up to just another fail as far as running is concerned. 

thurday's mileage: 4.2 miles
today's mileage: 4.2 miles 
season mileage to date: 225.0 miles

No comments: