Saturday, April 05, 2014

Day 84: Long days

Yesterday was all about Nonna so I didn't get out for a little run like I thought I would.

This morning for both my training and my sanity I knew it would be a good thing to head out for at least a little run. I decided to go to end of the road and back to a little boat dock near my house - my road is pretty hilly, and we have 14 hilly miles ahead of us tomorrow.

It was misty and grey, not quite raining, and very much aligned to my mood.

I headed to the rehab / nursing home to see my grandmother, and spent every possible second there up until the time I was going to really jeopardize catching my flight.  I jumped in the car and drove from Massachusetts to JFK, and made my 5pm flight. I was pretty dead tired on the plane but didn't want to nap for fear of not being able to sleep later tonight.

I just got in, and made my overnight oatmeal, and now I am off to bed...need to get up at 4:30 to eat, then a little nap before heading down to Palos Verdes for tomorrow's long run.

today's mileage: 3.3 miles
season mileage to date: 178.9 miles

No comments: