Sunday, July 30, 2006

10 days and counting

the official kick off for the marathon is 10 days away and training starts just three days after that...eeeek!

leading up to training...i think i'm going to try get to the gym daily, just to get back in the habit before the difficult stuff starts. that's always the hardest for me. work, friends - the city itself sometimes seems to go out of it's way to distract you from taking the time to take that time.

when i was training for the bike ride i was really dilligent about going to spin classes nearly every day, mostly at 6:30 in the morning. those of you that know me well, know that i am not a morning-person. for those that don't, you'll find me with the scowl of a 3-year-old woken from a nap on my face, and it remains until at least one cup of coffee has been administered. this time though, in addition to physically training, i've got a reason that means so much, i'm not as worried about being able to drag myself out of bed.

i'm also going to work on my fundraising letters tonight. its already me sad, thinking about steve and his family, but its not going to get any easier so i'm going to try to get at least two of the three done tonight. wish me luck.

No comments: