Wednesday, March 03, 2010

not rain nor snow nor wintery mix...

kept me from running this morning.

the cold and dark really makes me want to crawl back into bed and when i looked out side and saw the rain sprinkling down i walked back towards the bed, poised to climb back in...but i knew there would be no running that night (work event) or thursday (trip up north) i turned my butt around and reluctantly bundled up in my running clothes.

when i left it was spitting out, but not too cold until the wind picked up. i headed to the park and as i got there the rain changed over to snow which was slightly more pleasant even thought it melted as soon as it hit my face/head/arms/etc. i planned on running 4-4.5 miles so had to decide if i was going to cut through the park or go all the way around it. i ended up cutting through wellhouse drive and once i was in the middle realized the course of the race that past sunday had changed - there was a bunch of construction. also because of said construction not everywhere was plowed so i had to navigate patches of ice and snow because there was no way i was turning around.

when i hit the hill i was hit by a gust of wind which made me feel like i was running in place. it seemed like it was raining and snowing...blah! the grotesque wintery mix. i trecked on, feeling generally okay, not particularly fast or slow (except for when the wind pushed at me). when all was said and done i felt good (my cardio has already improved a great deal) and glad i was had my inclement weather run complete for the day.

today's mileage: 4.0
season mileage to date: 35.1
up next: practice saturday

No comments: