Tuesday, April 28, 2009

hello from down south

Well guys, it's been a whirlwind since I last posted.

Firstly, I was taking a "digital detox" last week so I didn't blog my runs. I was trying to keep off the facebook and other digital things that suck the life out of life. I did miss blogging however.

So I took my two runs last week both on tuesday and thursday, the standard 3.5 miles in the park. It really is lovely getting out there, and on Tuesday for the first time I had that "runner's high" feeling.

On Thursday, a miraculous thing happened. I noticed I was feeling a little tired and winded during my run and couldn't figure out why. Well, I got back to the house, looked down at my new running watch and miracle of miracles! I had done the run in 35 minutes - which means 10 minute miles! Only in my best shape around San Diego time was I running 10 minute miles. I had notice I had been pushing myself more when I run lately, then I have in the past, but I didn't realize how much. It is probably a little too fast in actuality, but still good to know that I can do it.

Then Thursday night we got very very sad news, my boyfriend's father died suddenly, of what was probably a heart-attack. We were up for a good part of the night, calling family, switching flights around, and he flew early Friday morning, and I followed on Saturday. I'm not quite ready to write about it yet - it has been very sad, as you can imagine.

My man keeps telling me to go for a run, but the first few days have been a bit chaotic down here with visitors and everything going on. I'm not going to worry about the 1/2 marathon on this point. I'll go for a few runs in the next few days, maybe try for 7 miles on saturday and if I don't feel terrible, maybe keep trying for it. Now that I am back in the swing, it will be easier to get out there...and...the other motivating factor is that I am officially registered for the NYC marathon. So the suffering that is surely to come from training in the summer will definitely keep me from slacking off in the running department.

But for now, I'm going to focus on taking care of my man.

Miles per run:3.5
Mileage for the week::7.0

No comments: