Thursday, September 11, 2008

hello, bouv

hello bouv,

a little note to wish you a happy birthday, my friend!

i had one of those mad days at work, the sort of day that you contemplate going out for a coffee and just keep walking.

when i finally left, the sun had gone down, and tribeca was quite. as i reached the corner of the block, there were those two beams shooting from that not-place not far downtown.

those beacons...reminders for so many of only one horrific day...for me are a bright white shining reminder of your birthday.

and so all that sadness that surrounds my city, i can recognize and put aside for a bit, because i have a model-shit-eating-grin to carry with me when things get bumpy.

miss you always,

rox

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn!
I still remember that grin from that miserable AP chem lab senior year in high school.

I can't imagine running more than a few miles at a time, let alone 26. To do it in memory of such a great guy reminds me of how proud I am to have known both of you.

-Em

roxie said...

Apologies to you both for not publishing sooner - I haven't been running so I've totally been neglecting the blog!

@Ruth - thank you! Hopefully there will be more posts shortly. It is time to start running again.

@Em - aaaaaah AP chem. You guys were brave! Thanks a lot =) The running is in turns, wonderful & terrible, but totally worth it. And the memory of that grin is amazing motivation.